For the purposes of this policy, the users of the site are data subjects with regard to the personal data that are collected, and Descode is an administrator of those personal data.
This policy contains information on:
- The personal data of the users of the site processed by Descode
- The purpose and grounds for personal data processing
- Information on the ways of personal data processing
- Information on the recipients of personal data
- Information on the time limits for personal data storage
- Information on the rights of the users as data subjects
Descode contact information If necessary, users can contact Descode as follows:
Address: 30 Republikanska Str., Bankya, Bulgaria,
Contact person: Miroslav Kotsev
Personal data of the site users collected by Descode
Any information that is related to a specific user or identifiable user constitutes personal data. These can be email, names, mobile number, home address, IP address, information of behavior when visiting the site, etc. The amount of data processed in connection with registered and non-registered users is different. The personal data processed by Descode in connection with the site can be divided into the following groups:
- Registration data is information that users provide to create an account on the site and use the site features available to registered users. Registration data includes: username; password for access; the email address where the profile is registered; photo; user’s country and city; user-associated social networking sites and accounts in Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, LinkedIn; additional data provided in the user’s account at their discretion for the purposes of their presentation on the site. In the event that a user creates an account on the site by logging in with a social media account, the login information for the account, profile picture and e-mail address become available to Descode and become part of the site registration data. Descode also acquires access to any information or content that is publicly available in connection with this social media service. This information also becomes registration data for the needs of the site.
The provision of username, password and e-mail data, respectively, of social network account information (in case of registration through a social networking account) is a condition for creating the user account and for using the site features available for registered users. Without this information, the account cannot be created or function. The site access password is encrypted in MD5 format.
All other registration data are provided at the sole discretion of users, without their decision affecting the conditions under which Descode provides its services. Users may limit the visibility to third parties of the registration information they make available to themselves, other registered users or friends, or make it publicly available. Regardless of the restrictions selected, Descode has access to these registration data. Any user account can be deleted at any time, thus deleting all account data.
- Public data are processed in connection with the activities of registered users of the site. These data include much of the registration data as well as additional data and consist of: user name, account information and profile photo, DIY projects, published by the user, other posts and comments, likes. Some of the user’s registration data may be made public at the user’s discretion, namely: data of the user’s country and city, of user-associated websites and social networking accounts, as well as additional data provided in the user’s account at their discretion for the needs of their presentation on the site. Information of a registered user account’s relationship with other user accounts (friends, followers, followed) is visible to all registered users of the site.
Public data are accessible to anyone and can be displayed in search results from external search engines. In this regard, Descode advises its users with a view to their own security to make sure that they do not publish information that they do not wish to be disclosed to third parties. All public data (except the username) are provided at the sole discretion of the user and may be removed at any time. To remove the username, the user account needs to be removed. Users may at any time delete the DIY projects they have posted, as well as other publications and comments on the site, without suffering any consequences related to the services provided by Descode.
For what purposes and on what grounds are personal data processed
Personal data may be used by Descode for the purposes and on the grounds indicated below:
- To store and provide data in response to requests from competent authorities. The reason for using such data is the existence of legal obligations for Descode;
- To service the site and its provision, including to evaluate, analyze and improve its features, troubleshoot problems and ensure its security. The reason for the data processing is Descode’s legitimate interest in the high-quality provision of the site and its features and services as well aa its improvement;
- To protect the rights and legitimate interests of Descode and third parties, such as: protecting, exercising or maintaining the legal rights, integrity, security or property of Descode, its employees and contractors (including the performance of contracts); protection of the safety, integrity and security of users and members of the public; protecting Descode and other interested third parties, such as service providers, against fraud; for the purposes of risk management, etc. The grounds for the processing of personal data is Descode’s legitimate interest in bringing about and protecting the rights and legitimate interests of Descode and third parties;
- To conduct corporate transactions, such as a proposed or actual restructuring, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of Descode’s business/activities/commercial eneterprise, Descode’s assets or shares (including in the case of Descode’s bankruptcy or similar procedures). The reason for the processing of personal data is Descode’s legitimate interest in transacting with its enterprise and business;
- For data analytics and site visit statistics, Descode uses technical data for visits based on its legitimate interest to track traffic and activity of users on the site, as well as to promote the site.
How are personal data processed
Descode processes personal data with automatic and non-automatic means, protecting them through appropriate security measures, taking into account the state of the art, the cost of implementation, the nature, scope, context and purpose of the processing, as well as the risks of varying probability and severity on the rights and freedoms of individuals. In order to protect personal data from security breaches, Descode introduces appropriate administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures.
Recipients of personal data
Access to personal data may be obtained from recipient third parties located within the European Union and the European Economic Area. Descode does not provide data to recipients outside these territories. The recipients of personal data are the following categories:
- Service providers entrusted with activities involving processing of personal data. Such providers may use such information to provide Descode with services related to the operation and improvement of the site and its functionality. These companies include, without being limited to:
- SuperHosting.BG Ltd. for the needs of hosting and maintaining the site (Information on the processing of personal data by SuperHosting.BG Ltd. can be found at: https://www.superhosting.bg/web-hosting-page-privacy-policy.php).
- Companies Descodeconcludes corporate transactions with (such as a proposed or actual restructuring, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of Descode’s business/activities/commercial eneterprise, Descode’s assets or shares) or ones that come into being as a result of such transactions.
- Competent authorities may be recipients of personal data in compliance with mandatory prescriptions (by virtue of the Electronic Communications Act, the Criminal Procedure Code, the Criminal Code, the Copyright and Related Rights Act, the Civil Procedure Code, the Administrative Procedure Code, The Personal Data Protection Act, etc.).
Time limits for storing personal data
Descode shall store personal data until the purposes of their processing set out in this policy are achieved. The storage of data shall continue as long as Descode has grounds for such storage. Descode shall apply the following time limits for storing different types of personal data according to their purpose, namely:
- The technical data for site visits collected through cookies shall be stored according to the validity period of the respective cookie’s registration – usually not more than 3 months;
- Technical data for site visits that are required to: track and identify the source of the connection; identify the direction of the connection; identify the date, time and duration of the connection; identify the type of connection; identify the end electronic communication device of the user or of what is presented as their terminal device, establish the identifier of the used cells shall be kept for a period of not less than 6 months in accordance with the Electronic Communications Act;
- Beyond the above time limits, where necessary to protect the rights and legitimate interests of Descode or third parties, all personal data may be stored until the expiry of the applicable limitation and prescriprion periods for filing claims and for imposing sanctions, as well as for providing them to the competent authorities upon request.
Personal data rights
The applicable data protection legislation provides users of the site as data subjects with a number of rights that may be exercised according to the specific circumstances in the cases stipulated by law, as follows:
- Right to access personal data: users have the right to receive confirmation that their personal data are being processed and, if so, the right to access such personal data and additional information.
- Right to correct personal data: if a user finds that their personal data that Descode processes are inaccurate, they have the right to request correction of those personal data.
- Right to delete personal data (“right to be forgotten”): in certain circumstances, such as if the personal data were processed illegally or the user withdrew their consent to the processing (if the processing of personal data is based on consent), users have the right to request from and obtain the deletion of personal data by Descode.
- Right to restrict processing: in certain circumstances, such as when there is a doubt with regard to the accuracy of the personal data or an objection made to the legitimate purpose of processing personal data, users have the right to request a restriction of the processing of their personal data until a solution is found.
- Right to object to processing: in certain circumstances, such as when there is a doubt with regard to Descode’s legitimate interest in processing personal data, users have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to their particular situation.
- Right to data portability: if personal data are processed by automatic means with the consent of the subject or for the purpose of contractual relations between them and Descode, users have the right to request that their personal data be provided in machine readable format for transfer to another data controller.
- Right to complain: users have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of their personal data by Descode to the data protection supervisory authority.
In view of the particular circumstances surrounding the processing of personal data by Descode, some of the stated rights of the data subjects may not be applicable to users of the site. More information on the content and conditions for exercising and satisfying these rights can be found in the provisions of the applicable data protection legislation . If necessary, users can also approch Descode for assistance using the contact details listed above. If a user finds that Descode is processing their personal data irregularly, they may also contact Descode for assistance.
Automated decision making. The users of the site are not subject to any decisions of Descode made solely on the basis of automated processing involving profiling.
If something is unclear in this policy or users need further information or clarification on issues related to the use of their personal data by Descode, they may contact Descode at any time and receive a timely response as long as this is within Descode’s capabilities.